From:
Deb Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:31:53 -0400
On 8/31/05, unlisted <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> what does ID have to do with anything?
> there are many here who wish to remain anon.

Okay, not to feed the trolls but this does need to be addressed.

Museum-L is a professional list. Professionals in the museum field use
their real names. Yes Indy uses a nom de plume so to speak but she'll
tell you her real name if you ask. She's been using it for years now
so people probably know her better as Indy than as Gayle.

Someone who posts as simply "unlisted" with no other information, is
immediately suspect. Plus, it's juvenile, unprofessional and the sign
of a troll. As I mentioned before, this is a professional list. There
should be no reason to hide who you are or who you work for. Would you
go to a museum conference with a bag over your head to conceal your
id? No. So why would you have a reason to post anonymously on here?
Okay, maybe if you are concerned about weirdos tracking you down
through your posts. Fair enough. Get a free e-mail account and don't
put your personal information on-line. If you are really being pursued
by cyber-weirdos, you probably shouldn't be participating in a public
e-mail list to begin with.

So let's all be professionals eh?

Deb - okay, my real name is Deborah. Now you know.