Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 1997 22:44:20 PST
On Sat, 11 Jan 1997 13:06:35 -0500  Ruth EJ James wrote:

>Ok ... ok ...
>
>For all of those who are offended by various forms of
>marketing/research/development, what kinds of methods might
you find 'user
>friendly'? As a membership/development person myself, I'm
always looking for
>ways to appeal to the public ... ways that will get my
mailings read,
>interviews listened to, etc.etc. etc.

Simple.  If the request for information is voluntary, I'm a
sucker for spilling my soul.  If the demand for information
blocks my access to -- in this example -- a web site, I'm
suspicious.

Keep in mind that most of us are babes in the woods when it
comes to the mind-boggling security/privacy issue with the
Internet.

The message I am typing at this moment will be archived and
accessible to anyone in the world, through several search
directories.  As are my address, telephone number, etc.,
etc., and of course detailed maps leading anyone directly to
my house are available through several map web sites. (okay,
this isn't true, yet, but it would be if I lived in the
States.)

For those of you interested in a little mind-boggling, visit
this site:

http://www.cnet.com:80/content/Features/Dlife/Privacy2/
and try out the "search for your name" feature.

The site includes a discussion of Web registration forms.

amalyah keshet
director, visual resources, the israel museum, jerusalem
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
date: 01/14/97
visit our web site at http://www.imj.org.il

>I know other membership/development people on this list
would enjoy some