From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 20:41:42 -0800
First, a thought to append to our earlier discussions
on liquor.

If this group EVER had a theme song, I think I've
found it.  I was sitting here listening to a
compilation CD on the blues I purchased at the
beginning of the week and boogeying to beat the band
while emailing.  And then OUR song came on.

What's OUR Song?

Why it's got to be John Lee Hooker's:
"One Bourbon, One Scotch, and One Beer."

If you don't know what bourbon is, its a form of that
with-or-without-an-E word, whiskey (although it's the
Americanized brew, so it's probably with the E--see,
you learn something new on this list everyday).

But, for the analyticals in the group who need more
info, here's the definition from
http://www.yourdictionary.com:

3 [Bourbon county, Kentucky] : a whiskey distilled
from a mash made up of not less than 51 percent corn
plus malt and rye -- compare CORN WHISKEY

And, with that nonsense aside, here is an update for
those of us in California.  Seems the Arts Council
Budget has been slashed--understandable since the
economy of the state headed for the toilet as a result
of our energy crisis (of which Enron was a
contributor--I worked for the electric utility for 24
years and then in gas trading dealing with folks Enron
for two years).

I also subscribe to the Arts Council Newsletter, so if
you want a copy, let me know, and I'll ship it to you
privately.

The text below is from Pag-Net and can be found at
http://www.frommgroup.com

F.Y.I.
California Arts Council's budget to be reduced
The Governor's proposed budget for the 2002-03 Fiscal
Year has been released. The proposed budget identifies
a $130,000 reduction in the California Arts Council's
State Operations budget and a $2,178,000 in its Local
Assistance budget. The reductions in the Local
Assistance budget are in the following programs: Arts
in Education: $2,000,000; Artists in Residence:
$100,000; Interagency Partnerships: $78,000; Total
Local Assistance Reductions: $2,178,000.

The Arts Council's proposed budget for 2002-03 Fiscal
Year is detailed below.

State Operations: $ 3,854,000
Local Assistance:
Arts in Education: $ 8,000,000
Artists in Residence: $3,855,000
Organizational Support Grants: $10,373,000
Performing Arts Touring /Presenting Program: $856,000
Special Initiatives Program: $500,000
Statewide Projects: $2,598,000
California Challenge Program: $759,000
Cultural Institutions Program: $2,000,000
Total Local Assistance: $28,941,000
Total CAC Budget: $32,795,000

=====
Indigo Nights