From:
SANDY STAEBELL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 1995 09:37:26 CST
Greetings,

My institution is developing plans to install an exhibit on Duncan
Hines of cake box fame.  Hines, a Bowling Green, Kentucky, native, was
a nationally known figure from the late 1930s through the 1960s.
First through his guidebooks recommending restaurants and motels, and
later through more than 300 products that bore his name and/or image.
The Kentucky Museum collection includes approximately 25 different
product packages (mostly cake and food mix preparations), and I know
of a collection of broadsides advertising some of the other foods sold
under his name (ice cream, cottage cheese, etc.), but hopefully there
is a lot more artifact material out there in other museum collections.

Artifacts of particular interest include:
signs (Recommended by Duncan Hines)
utensils, dishes, pans, cutlery, appliances
cardboard promotional displays

Feel free to post any responses to this list or to the e-mail address
below.

Thanks for your assistance,

Sandy Staebell
The Kentucky Museum