From:
John Hale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 13:11:36 -0600
We have had our institution's carpentry shop make them of wood and stain them.  They look wonderful and are pretty solid.  As for rope, sorry, we use red velvet cord for a local fabric store.

John C. Hale II
Archives Techinican & Curator of the Log Cabin Medical Museum
Scott & White Hospital Archives
Temple, Texas

>>> Penelope Foss <[log in to unmask]> 02/04 12:30 PM >>>
Could anyone recommend a supplier of stantions or a good way to rope
off a table that has very fragile sculptures on it?  We are hoping to find
stantions  that are simple and clean in line, as our building is neoclassical
with an art-deco flair.  We would like to aviod the velvet models.  I have
called  several party rental places, and I have looked in many of the
magazines that sell archival and museum supplies; so far, no luck.  Any
leads would be helpful, and you can respond directly to me at
Many thanks,

Penny Foss
Curator of Collections
The Lawrenceville School