From:
"E. Moore" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 1997 09:43:32 -0500
As a Collections Manager, I would say any policy about who can access the
collections should be written by the Collections Manager.  In this case, it
would be remiss not to include the Volunteer Manager in the drafting of
such a document.  Volunteers are a valuable resource but you want to make
sure that you do not incorporate their services at the expense of your
collections but rather to the benefit of the collections.

----------
> From: [log in to unmask]
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: SUMMARY: access of volunteers to collections
> Date: Sunday, November 09, 1997 7:07 PM
>
> Last week I asked the list about access of volunteers to collections.
Thanks
> to Patricia Miller of the Illinois Heritage Association, Adrienne DeArmas
of
> the Historical Society of Washington, DC, Robin Toulouse of the
Children's