From:
Mary Ames Sheret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Apr 1998 09:42:32 -0700
A couple suggestions. Switch to acid free boxes. A local museum or
historical society would have them or catalogs you could order from. Don't
use plastic containers. They essentially off gas nasty stuff that will
effect the materials of the dolls. Switch also to acid free paper for
cushioning. (Same source as above.) Or else you can use washed, unbleached
muslin for cushioning. Put your collection in the best environment possible
in your home...where the temperature is most stable and there isn't
dampness, so do NOT use your attic or basement. The AIC publishes some good
bulletins about how to best store objects. They may have a web page.
Perhaps someone else could lead us to that?