From:
HHSDIRECTOR <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2007 10:45:33 -0400
A related query: I was always told that fluorescent lights should be left on all day, because they take a lot of energy to turn on. So, if you're turning them on and off all day when you're entering & leaving the room, aren't you negating any energy savings you might have gained by substituting them for incandescents? IF true, doesn't the same principle apply for the compact fluorescents, too?