From:
"Timothy S. Bottoms @ Cape Fear Museum" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 13:27:33 -0400
Jennifer,

I fully agree with Deb.  I came to the museum field after 12 years as a
stockbroker (BA in Business Administration, MA in History) and I have found
my business training to be very helpful to my museum career.  Being able to
put things in "business terms" has helped me deal successfully with my
museum's administration, our controlling agency (we are county owned) and
potential donors.  Many times the things we learn seem useless, and yet, in
the long run, turn out to invaluable.  Also, remember you may not be in the
museum field for your entire career.  So good luck with the accounting (I
found it boring as well) and try to keep in mind that you never know what
will come in handy during the course of your life.

Tim Bottoms
Registrar
Cape Fear Museum

Deb Fuller <[log in to unmask]>@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM> on 09/14/2000 10:59:09
AM

Please respond to Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]>

Sent by:  Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]>