From:
"Glenn A. Walsh" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 08:19:18 -0700
I would be *extremely* surprised if any museum has an
ongoing bus subsidy program as you speak of. There may
be one or two special cases out there, but this has
not really become an issue until now. The assumption
has always been that the school district [which has
firm funding from the taxpayers] is responsible for
this expense.

And, I cannot imagine that any but the largest museums
in the largest cities could afford to offer such a
program. And, even for these museums, it would still
take a special grant, as your new docent has
suggested, to make such a program viable.

If you dare to mention your docent's foundation
affiliation, I am sure that foundation will suddenly
be flooded with grant applications from museums
subscribed to MUSEUM-L !!!

gaw