From:
Deb Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2007 20:11:08 -0400
> I would welcome suggestions from those who have been down this road!

Do you require people to rent a tent(s) for the wedding? If so, tell
them they can rent a changing tent with the proper ammenities. I'm
sure tent people will have them.

Also what are you charging? If you are just charging for the grounds,
then I wouldn't expect a changing space. You're not a hotel, B&B, or
"wedding palace".

Perhaps you can make a package deal with a local hotel for a changing
space or again, get the tent providers to do a deal with a changing
tent. Dressing for weddings can get very hairy and brides to be are
probably not going to be mindful of historic structures. Not to
mention that neat.

And certainly add the cost of extra staff into the rental fee.
Everyplace does that. The house I used to work at also charged for a
complete cleaning of the house before the event. Our prices were
waaaaay under what other local hotels and historic houses were
charging so people were getting a good deal from us, even with the
cleaning charges.

Good luck with it!!

Deb