From:
patricia krkland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 1994 09:04:01 -0500
As a museum studies graduate student, I find the use of the Internet
by Museums a controversial subject.  Having spoken with working
professionals who feel threatened by the "invasion" of the net into
certain areas, I wonder if this feeling is widespread.  Do people feel
that the value of their collections is diminished by online exhibits?
Are these images felt to potentially reduce attendance?
Is it threatening to allow net access to collections/cataloging
information?  Are there potential security problems by placing such
information on the uncontrolled user access Internet?

Any information or references would be appreciated