From:
"BRENINGER, Leah" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 1996 09:15:00 +1000
We are considering such a policy in the future. Currently we don't
charge for loans, but the borrower covers any associated costs. We have
held off for two reasons
1. we felt this might conflict with our access policy, especialy to
small institutions or community groups.
2. getting paid for loans doesn't really put any more hours in my day
and the time loans take has been the main issue with them.
I would be intersted to know how other institutions use their fee, do
they use it to hire extra staff to handle the loans or does it go into a
general fund?
Thanks
Leah Breninger
Collection Manager