From:
Betsy Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 May 1996 14:02:53 -0600
To museum people in Washington D.C., London, and Iceland:

One of my best volunteers is moving to the Washington D.C. area.  Her father
is taking a two year appointment with NSF.  She will be moving up in late
summer and is looking for a museum in which to volunteer.

Jamie is connected with our project called "The Natural History of Genes"
http://raven.umnh.utah.edu
among other things, she does our floor demos of extracting DNA from peas,
onions, liver, thalmus, and yeast using household ingredients.  We also
use her as a program person for our Girl Scout overnights.

Jamie is 16 years old, a great student, plays in the band, and works with
VERY little supervision.  She is mature and can handle crowds and
confusion (me) very well.

We will send her with her own demo kit if someone would like a great
volunteer.

Also, Jamie will be in London and Iceland this summer.  She would love to
show the DNA extraction to museums there.

To reach jamie,  [log in to unmask]

Betsy

Betsy Price, Project Manager            A joint project sponsored by:
The Natural History of Genes            Eccles Institute of Human Genetics
UMNH                                    Utah Museum of Natural History
University of Utah                      University of Utah Medical School
Salt Lake City, Utah 84112

801-581-6286