From:
Robin Trotter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 16:17:00 +1000
Harry:

Any spare kits which could be put to good use in our Key Centre.  Our
research efforts are cultural and media based and we have a special
interest in museum research projects (at present undertaking a major one
with Tony Bennett - now at Open University, and Nicholas Thomas of ANU)?
We have just produced a special issue of MAI and Cultural Policy with a
focus on museums which you may be of interest to you.  (Will bribery get me
anyway?).

Cheers

Robin

>I have available a limited number of reprints of material I recently
>received from Dirk vom Lehn of King's College London. Following analysis of
>staff interactions in crisis management situations in the London
>Underground, Dirk and his colleagues have been experimenting with the use of
>video to analyze visitor interactions in museums and heritage institutions.
>I heard Dirk speak at VSA in Washington in August and asked him for more
>material, which he kindly provided. I have distributed copies to a number of
>colleagues in Canada, the USA, the Netherlands, Austria and Australia, but
>have a limited number left, which are yours for the asking, on a "first
>come, first served" basis.
>
>It's well worth reading!
>
>Harry
>
>Harry Needham
>Special Advisor - Programme Development
>Canadian War Museum
>330 Sussex Drive,
>Ottawa, Canada
>K1A 0M8
>Voice: (819) 776-8612  Fax (819) 776-8623
>Email: [log in to unmask]

Dr Robin Trotter
Research Fellow
Australian Key Centre for Cultural and Media Policy
Faculty of Arts
Griffith University
Nathan
Brisbane