From:
director <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 2009 20:10:42 +1100
Hello to you all

For a truly current disaster preparedness and response position, many
heritage and cultural organisations in the state of Victoria in Australia
(capital city, Melbourne) are in the throes of this right now.

The state is overwhelmed by bushfires in many locations, and there are a
number of coordinated and individual actions to assist wherever possible.
Museums Australia, our version of the AAM, in conjunction with other sister
associations, flagship institutions and government bodies has provided
http://www.mavic.asn.au/

It includes references for a number of museum workers and organisations who
have offered their services to museums and collecting organisations affected
by the fires, both in advance and after the events.

Our land can be hot and dry, and terribly cruel sometimes.

Regards Annette Welkamp

annette welkamp
director
cultural connotations
suite124, 282 collins street, melbourne 3000 vic, australia
po box 596, richmond 3121 vic, australia
tel +61 (0)3 9639 4448 mobile +61(0)4 1850 7890
email [log in to unmask]
web www.culturalconnotations.com

developing, implementing and managing
creative, cultural and heritage projects

cultural connotations turns nine this year
9 years of great clients, projects and opportunities
so many fabulous collections, so little time