From:
Angela Kipp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Nov 2016 16:23:36 +0100
Dear Sandra,

I don't know if it is of help, because we ditched the thermotransfer
print altogether in favor of a system we can print out with our office
laser printers, but at the moment we use these:

Folex Longlife Pro Matt WO, 0.115 mm thickness which comes in sheets
of 210 mm × 297 mm

http://www.folex.com/pdf/pdf/datenblatt.php?clang=1&pid=159&pvid=538

The material is polyester which _should_ be inert. But there are no
long-term experiences so our system is a testing phase.

We choose this because we could print our labels with our standard
office printers and the material allows us to hang our labels without
any further sleeves, just by punching a hole in it and attach it with
a string to the object. The material is pretty sturdy and if it
becomes dirty (which is a concern in our industrial collection) they
are easy to clean. For our rather large labels, 3 fit on one page, but
that's because we put additional information and a picture on our
labels. I do have pictures, but the listserv doesn't allow
attachments, so feel free to contact me off-list if you want to see
them ([log in to unmask]).

Best wishes
Angela

Angela Kipp
Collection Manager
TECHNOSEUM, Mannheim, Germany
www.technoseum.de

Join the Registrar Trek at http://world.museumsprojekte.de/
Follow us on Twitter @RegistrarTrek

This is a personal opinion. My institution can't be held responsible
for anything I write.