From:
Ashley LaVigne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 2016 10:25:43 -0400
Hello everyone!

My name is Ashley and I work for the Koochiching County Historical Society in Minnesota.

I am looking for someone who may be able to help our institution identify an unknown object that was recently acquired by our institution. The previous owner had contacted the Minnesota Historical Society, the Forest History Center, and several other organizations but they were unable to help her.

Her father found this item back in the 1960s buried in 3 feet of sand along the Big Fork River near Big Falls, Minnesota. She was told perhaps it was a tool for riveting horse harnesses but we are unable to confirm if that was what it was for. Her father had asked some old loggers if they  knew, but they were also unsure, though during what era he asked these folks, I am uncertain as I would think if he asked some older gentleman in the 60's surely someone would have known, but then again, maybe not.

I'm not sure how to post pictures here (if I can even...first time poster here! :) ) but if someone could please email me if anyone is interested in assisting, I would be most grateful!

Our museum email is [log in to unmask]

Any help would be appreciated!