From:
Dan Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2007 16:33:52 -0500
Jaord:

By way of reply here's another quick inquiry.  How many museum members
at your museum HAVE to stay around until 1AM to finish the exhibit
before it opens or get ready for a special event?  How many members HAVE
to come in on Sunday because a pipe sprang a leak and collections
storage is flooding?  How many members HAVE to deal with the bridezilla
that rented the banquet room?

This sounds like a hangover from the good old days when the place was
all volunteer (if it once was and I'm betting it was).  I'd dig in my
heels on this one.  It's unreasonable.  For volunteer board members
maybe.  Staff -- no.

Dan

--
Dan Bartlett, BFA, MA