From:
Henry Grunder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 1997 13:01:47 EST
All sampling methodologies have, as their Grand Theory, the
normal distribution . . . the famous "bell curve." Thus, it
usually won't matter from whose special interest a book on
sampling has been written. Indeed, much of the statistics work
used by social scientists today was developed by an agronomist
named Snedecor. In your particular situation you might find
that a book on quality control presents things in such a way as
to need the least adaptation.
Henry Grunder
Conservation/Preservation Coordinator
The Library of Virginia