From:
Murph the Surf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 1996 14:18:14 +0000
Ralph Appelbaum Associates was credited (some would say blamed) widely
for the input they had on the recent Hopper exhibit at the Whitney.
The museum has had other exhibits that credit the exhibit designer as
well.

Years ago the New Museum did an exhibit that introduced (some would
say unleashed) Jeff Koons to the world at large. I don't recall the
name of the exhibit but I do remember that the person who designed the
exhibition was given equal billing with the other artists and curator.

Nowadays, programmer John Simon is given credit for the work he does
on various art websites (adaweb, the thing, plexus). He calls himself
a gun for hire.

--
ROBBIN MURPHY, creative director, artnetweb
[log in to unmask]  -- http://artnetweb.com