From:
Hildegard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 1996 17:45:58 -0500
Nope, I'm no longer a student. Sigh. (I'd be a Professional Student if
indulgence were at my fingertips.)
I am, though, the original poster re: exhibit vs. exhibition,
and have to say Thanks for the Dialogue. It was a former colleague, or two,
who freaked upon hearing the word "exhibit" used in connection with
contemporary art "exhibitions," and now I'm in a different (vastly) museum,
in a different (incredibly vastly!) region of the country, and everyone,
including the well-educated art critic in the local paper, uses the word
exhibit exclusively.

While I still cannot manage to get "exhibit" out of my mouth regarding our
contemporary exhibitions, I guess I can stop shuddering when my new
colleagues do so....

Barbra Brady

Babs Brady