From:
janice klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 10:27:35 -0600
At 08:27 AM 3/7/97 +1000, you wrote:
>Hello
>I have a query regarding institutions that have closed an exisiting
>facility while developing a new one.  The Museum of Victoria currently
>has the 'old' museum still operating while most staff are busy
>developing a new $250m facility.  We are interested to know how other
>institutions handled such a situation.

Of potential interest to the whole list on this topic:

Institutional Trauma: Major Changes in Museums and Its Effect on Staff
edited by Elaine Huemann Gurian (AAM, 1995; available from the AAM
Bookstore).  A series of essays on catastrophic events (natural and
man-made) and what happened to the museum's staff.  The first essay is
on the move of the Boston Children's Museum.

Janice Klein
The Field Museum