From:
Laura Wiegand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 15:47:25 -0600
I agree Starting Right is a terrific overview of the issues involved in
launching a new museum.  Another couple of publications that might come in
handy are:

Code of Ethics for Museums
American Association of Museums
(I recommend requiring all your board member to read this booklet)

The Museum Forms Book (3rd ed.)
Edited by Kenneth D. Perry
Texas Association of Museums
(512) 328-6812

Essentials of Collections Management
Museum News Reprint Package from AAM
Includes information on Collections Policies (don't collect without one!)

A Legal Primer on Managing Museum Collections
by Marie C. Malaro

All of these any many more are available through the AAM website
http://www.aam-us.org/

Folks in the museum world are amazingly generous about sharing information.

Good luck!

Laura Wiegand
Coordinator of TCAnet, Visual & Media Arts
and Publications
(512) 463-5535  ext. 42330

Visit TCAnet
The Texas Cultural & Arts Network