Date:
Sun, 1 Dec 1996 08:06:49 -0600
A question has come up at our museum (which has just opened) and I was
wondering if anyone on the list might have had to address the same
situation.
We have several business in our town that sell antiques - some that
relate very well to local history.  Is is considered acceptable for
those businesses to loan us items for display for a period of time and
then take the items back and put them up for sale in their respective
stores?  Since we are a new museum, we could use some addition items for
the displays we have, but wonder if doing this might cause problems??

In another vein, we have an old silverplate communion set and wondered
about the best way to clean and maintain it.

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.
mj