From:
Mark Vang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 1996 16:15:58 UT
Well, I was going to just lurk in the background and see the various
definitions of a kiosk scroll by, but it seems that most of the responses must
have been e-mailed directly to the original postee.  I would be interested in
being amazed by some of the 101 definitions of a kiosk so, Jennifer, if you
have a "moment" if you could post a summary to the list (or e-mail me directly
so these definitions may remain secret) I would appreciate it.

I'll add my own definition, a kiosk being an enclosure housing a computer,
monitor and other equipment as a stand-alone information center or exhibit.  I
think the more general description is a stand-alone display case, like those
put up at trade shows, and in galleries.

Mark C. Vang
Freya Ventures

I write interactive software for museum exhibits, which ends up in "kiosks"
sometimes.