From:
Sally Baulch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 May 1996 14:03:13 -0500
On Tue, 7 May 1996, Jeanette Scott wrote:

> they also come
> in a style with tiny dots of plastic on the palm side to give traction. They

Warning from a friend of mine...DO NOT WEAR THESE GLOVES WHEN INSTALLING
METAL OBJECTS.  These gloves left little dots over the freshly conserved
silver pieces that were being installed for an exhibit.  The conservator
had to do a quick and dirty cleaning (I heard that the conservator was
NOT amused.)

> them "curator gloves." The company is called Man-how. Has anyone else used
> these? Are they really archival? My volunteers like them and they have worked

Their ordinary gloves with the sewn pleats on back are sooooo wonderful.
I must be easily pleased if gloves can make my day.

Sally Baulch
Texas Memorial Museum
Austin