From:
"McDell, Debora (MAG)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 14:34:36 -0500
Hello Amy,
My title at art museum, the Memorial Art Gallery is Coordinator of Community
Programs and Outreach and it probably comes pretty close to the definition
that you had in mid for a community relations position. Below is a canned
description that I was given before I accepted the position 3 years ago.
It's a pretty accurate reflection of my day to day responsibilities. Feel
free to contact me if you need more details. --Debora

The Coordinator of Community Outreach Programs and Initiatives plays a key
role in forging vital liaisons between the Gallery and the Greater Rochester
community. On assignment from the Director of the Gallery, this position is
charged with representing the Gallery and its interest at a wide range of
community meetings and, when appropriate, facilitating the Gallery's
involvement in community projects. The position serves as the principal
Gallery contact for a wide range of community organizations and is charged
with facilitating a variety of cosponsored programs at the Gallery. In
communication with the Director of the Gallery and the Director of
Education, and other Senior Staff as appropriate, designs and implements
programs that extend the Gallery's mission of connecting people and art into
traditionally underserved audiences.

Debora McDell
Coordinator of Community Programs and Outreach
Memorial Art Gallery
500 University Avenue
Rochester, NY 14607
Phone: (585) 473-7720, x3034