From:
John Suau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 09:53:28 -0400
I am interested in learning about community-based museums, cultural centers
and other types of organizations across the country that have been able to
effectively outreach to their diverse local communities.  Whether a
"mainstream" institution or a culturally specific center for arts and
culture, I am most interested in organizations that have been successful at
reaching all types of audiences.

For example, in Washington, DC the Jewish Cultural Center includes an
exhibition space, public auditorium, gymnasium, gift shop, etc and has been
very successful in its attempts to get "other" communities (not just the
local Jewish community) to utilize the facilities.  Are there other examples
like this in the US?  I know there must be many.

I appreciate your feedback and look forward to your responses.

Best regards,

 <<...>>
John T. Suau
Meetings and Diversity Coordinator