From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Nov 2005 17:46:10 +1300
Welcome to this edition of DINOSAURNEWS - the international Dinosaur Webzine
with bite!

This Week's Headlines: (For the FULL STORY visit the NEWS section of the
webzine at this address: http://www.dinosaurnews.org )

**  Study: Classifying dinosaurs by teeth
An assistant professor of Earth and planetary science at Washington
University in St. Louis has developed a mathematical method of classifying
dinosaurs

**  S.D. native helps with dinosaur show
For Armour, S.D., native Andy Farke, a boyhood love of dinosaurs has evolved
into a full-time job - one that put him on television over the weekend

**  Where Dinosaurs rule
Back in 1884, the 26-year-old geologist was sent west to look for coal
deposits by the Geological Survey of Canada

**  Dinosaurs a monster attraction
A full-size replica of a 10m-tall carnosaur stands in the Heritage-listed
Corfield and Fitzmaurice Building on the main drag, Elderslie Street
lists.
Simply send an email to: [log in to unmask]

**  Dinosaur Adventure to Open at West Edmonton Mall
The museum will feature the world's largest collection of three- dimensional
prehistoric dinosaurs created by some of North America's greatest
"paleo-artists," including 60 life-size dinosaurs

**  Prehistory as prey: Fossil thieves make off with relics, souvenirs
Cultural looting in California is on the rise, said Gray, the state park
cultural resource chief, as California's ballooning population spills into
formerly isolated areas and all-terrain vehicles allow thieves to motor far
into wilderness areas

**  Other Fossil news; Tiny Dinosaur Lovers Frozen in Time
Scientists in India report discovering two tiny fossils frozen for eons in
the act of sexual reproduction

**  Dinos not what they used to be
Dinosaurs may be extinct, but they've achieved life everlasting in our
imagination

**  Santa and the Dinos Photos - December 11 2 pm - 4 pm

**  7th Federal Conference on Fossil Resourses

DINOSAURNEWS webzine now read in 80 countries. Hundreds of Dinosaur Books,
The latest Dinosaur News, Dinosaur Games, Dinolinks and a Dinomall. Read
something ferocious this week: http://www.dinosaurnews.org

SEND US YOUR NEWS: Does your Museum have a dinosaur focus? Put us on your
media database. We welcome your news of events, discoveries and exhibitions

GET YOUR LOCAL MUSEUM TO ADD our RSS news feed to their web site, at this
address: http://www4.wave.co.nz/~jollyroger/dino2004/dinosaur.xml

What our readers say:

I must say first that I subscribe to your E-mail news letters and read them
voraciously for book ideas. The news blurbs are such a wonderful service to
us dino fanciers!
Christine Gentry - author of 'Mesozoic Murder 'and 'Carnosaur Crimes'

Thank you for an interesting, useful site. I recommend it to teachers who
continue to contact me after 6 years of retirement. I also volunteer at the
local science museum and recommend your site to the many children who visit
it.
Marvin Selnes, Sioux Falls, SD

Thank You for the excellent coverage you've given my ongoing research.
Best regards,
Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D., Affiliate Faculty, Idaho Museum of Natural
History