From:
Jerrie Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2007 22:08:40 -0700
Below is the e-mail that I just received from an
historic ranch near Carson City, Nevada, where I did
some contract work last year.  I'll check AIC, but is
there anyone who has had experience with either of
these products?  I'm not so concerned about what they
use on the grounds, but I too am a little concerned
about the furniture.  Most of it is over
100-years-old.  The sofa and chairs were
re-upholstered in the 1960s.  I've treated for
powderpost beetles but fleas is a new one to me.

> Yes, it's me again with a question.  We are having a
severe problem
> with fleas at the Ranch.  The pest service wants to
use two forms
> of control.  Indoors on the upholstered furniture
and the rugs,
> they want to use Precore 2000 (foam).  On the floors
and wooden
> areas, Suspend SC (dust).  They will also use the
Suspend SC around
> the outside (3 acre area).  I have downloaded the
MSDS & labels for
> both an attached them to this email.
> >
> I am concerned about the effect that these chemicals
might have on
> the artifacts.  I could not find a place to find out
what is
> acceptable for insect control.
> >
> If you know of a site where I can get this info, I
would appreciate
> the direction.  If not, can either of you help me?
We need to know
> soon as this may be done within the next few days.

Thank you,
Jerrie

Jerrie Clarke
Former Contract Collection Manger