From:
"Smith, Barbara" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 13:18:55 -0500
Meredith Rendall wrote:

... I have recently accepted a position as a computer trainer in a museum.
One of my responsibilities is going to be publishing helpful hints (for
Microsoft Office programs) every other week in the museum's staff
newsletter.  I was wondering if any Museum-L-ers had suggestions regarding
the content of these hints ...

Check out the free tutorials at:
http://www.freeskills.com/listcourses?cobrand=freeskills.  I found a lot of
help with Word in Office 97 through this site, and there are tutorials on
many more programs as well.

Another resource that is pretty astonishing is within the Librarians Index
to the Internet (www.lii.org).  Search on the word "tutorial" and see what
comes up.  There are a lot of online tutorials that will help IT staff (like
http://www.w3schools.com/, which has HTML and XML tutorials), and some on
other topics.  Educational programming staff will find useful ones.

The Librarians Index to the Internet is my favorite place to begin looking
for information.  Please visit, enjoy, and send them recommendations for
sites you think are excellent.

Barbara Smith
Barbara G. Smith,  Technology Officer
Institute of Museum and Library Services
1100 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Room 802
Washington, DC 20506

voice:    202/606-5254
fax:       202/606-1077