Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2007 16:07:02 -0500
I apologize if this has already been covered but I haven't found the posting
yet if it has.
We are about to have some work done on our collections storage area.  It will
mostly involve painting but there is the chance that we might have to repair
the concrete walls.  What kind of precautions do we have to take with the
concrete?  How long does the paint have to cure before we can start moving
the collections back in?  There are also hot water pipes running right across
the middle of the room.  Since there is no chance that we will be able to get
them rerouted, can I have suggestions on how to, er- live with them?  We are
planning to get waterproof covers for the shelving, to be used in addition to
moisture barrier boxes.  Also, the concrete walls will need to be repaired
around where the pipes come in and go out of the room.  Can anyone
recommend a safe sealer to use where the pipes meet the concrete?
My message is probably sounding pretty scatterbrained at this point.  I've
never been involved in a project like this before and any pointers would be
much appreciated.
Thanks,
Jen