From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 13:06:06 -0800
A wild shot in the dark here might be to contact
Knotts Berry Farm in Buena Park, California to see if
they might have anything they can contribute.  A good
chunk of their park--especially the old
section--revolves around the west, and they've long
had many vintage costumes.

http://www.knotts.com/

--- Valerie Schafer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hello listers,
>
> We are a small historic preservation society in
> western Montana. As a major fundraiser for us, we
> enlisted the help of a well-known and well-respected
> local artist (Monte Dolack) to create a "Garnet
> Ghost Town" poster for us. He is doing it as
> charitable work, working at a minimum commission and
> giving us all selling rights.
>
> Anyhow, he would like to put some figures in the
> work and needs to do a character study. To do this,
> he needs two volunteer models to pose in historic
> period clothing so he can take pictures and use them
> for his sketches. He already has the girl model in
> mind, so at least one of the models isn't flexible.
> For instance, we have a "Gunslingers" group out here
> that has worked with us on events. They are willing
> to model their own clothing but not to lend it out,
> understandably.
>
> My question is: does anyone have any suggestions on
> how I could get ahold of some reproduction clothing
> (turn of the century) that we could hopefully just
> borrow for a day? I've tried contacting the local
> university drama department but I haven't heard back
> from them yet. We would really not rather buy a
> whole outfit or have to pay someone to sew a whole
> outfit for one day's use.
>
> Any suggestions? I am pretty stumped. Thanks for
> your time!
>
> Valerie

> Yahoo! Tax Center - forms, calculators, tips, and
> more

> Important Subscriber Information:
>
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
> http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may
> obtain detailed information about the listserv
> commands by sending a one line e-mail message to
> [log in to unmask] . The body of the
>
> If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one
> line e-mail message to [log in to unmask]
> . The body of the message should read "Signoff
> Museum-L" (without the quotes).

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a Job?  Try Got Links?, Your One-Stop Portal
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414