From:
Julia Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Aug 2005 13:57:40 -0500
How long have you volunteered there?  If it's been more than six months
and you are performing tasks that, taken together, would comprise a
legitimate job description for someone trained in a specific field, they
are definitely using you to avoid hiring someone full-time to do that
job.  I think you should search around for existing job descriptions
that encompass your tasks, set a meeting with them to show what the
value of your contribution has been including the amount that they would
have had to pay for those services, and ask that they make a decision by
X date (perhaps 30 days from the date of your meeting) on whether or not
they will hire you.  It goes without saying that if no decision is
forthcoming, you should be prepared to walk out.

Julia Muney Moore
Public Art Administrator
Blackburn Architects, Indianapolis, IN
(317) 875-5500 x230