From:
Cindy Boyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2015 17:44:01 +0000
You always need to have a contract for something like this, to protect your assets (i.e. the ownership of the image of the work)

The contract should spell out the specific use that will be made. For example, it may be used on their trucks for the specified fee, but not on their website. You can (and should) also specify that the use identifies the source of the image.  Imagine all those trucks out there with your organization's name (address? Location?) on them.

My first question though is, do you indeed own the copyright to the mural?  When was it painted?

Cindy Boyer

Director of Public Programs

The Landmark Society of Western New York

133 S. Fitzhugh St.

Rochester NY  14608

(585) 546-7029 ext. 12

Fax:  (585) 546-4788