From:
David Haberstich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 10:43:42 EDT
 I fully agree with Delecia Huitt that too many artifacts in an exhibit
interfere with traffic flow. You should see all the people lined up
outside the National Gallery of Art to view the Van Gogh show. If they
had had the common sense to show reproductions instead of original
paintings, the lines undoubtedly would speed up considerably. This is
yet another reason for museums to avoid the use of original artifacts in
exhibits. By the way, what Titanic artifacts are being shown anyway? I
thought J. Peterman had sold everything by now. Having seen the movie, I
certainly wouldn't devote any more of my valuable time to this subject,
but I am curious from a museological standpoint.

--David Haberstich