Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 12:19:47 -0500
Hello!

At the New England Museum Association's annual meeting in Portsmouth, a woman from Plymouth Plantatiion here in Massachusetts (if I remember correctly) made a great suggestion of how she introduces young visitors to the "no touching" policy.

Prior to a guided tour, a hand-held mirror is passed from child to child as each is instructed to touch the surface with their own hands and fingers.  By the time the mirror makes its way around the group, it is "clearly" obvious how dirty and damaged a surface can get with just the touching of "clean" hands.

I thought it was a simple and clever way to teach such an important message...

have a great day!

Karen Lehrach