From:
Paula Parrish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 1994 08:05:54 -0400
I'm working on a project for the Tampa Museum of Art and am seeking
info/research/resources on the economic impact of major exhibitions on a
museum's operational costs (revenues, admissions, restaurant, museum
store, etc). Additionally, info on how a major exhibition affects other
organizations is also valuable. I have found quite a bit of information
about the economic impact of the arts, but am looking for info specific to
museums.

Also, what resources might be available to help us compare operating costs
of facilities with approximately 125,000 square feet of exhibition space?

I understand the Memphis Museum may have some economic impact info...does
anyone know who I might contact there? Are there other resources recommended?

I appreciate your help. Thank you.

Paula Parrish
c/o Tampa Museum of Art
600 N. Ashley Drive