From:
Bernard Barryte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 13:32:00 -0700
This info may be somewhere on the web, but perhaps the easiest would be to
visit your local library and find either an  almanac from 1936  or major
newspaper from the period.  I'm not certain, but I believe the NY Times had
begun to publish exchange rates by 1936.
Bernard Barryte

>I need to know the value of some European currencies in U.S. dollars at
>certain times in the 20th century.  For example, how many francs equaled a
>U.S. dollar in 1936?
>
>I tried several web searches but had no luck.  Does any list member know
>of a book or web site I could try?
>
>Many thanks,
>
>Mave Lawler
>Administrative Assistant
>History of Astronomy Department
>Adler Planetarium
>Chicago, IL

>Important Subscriber Information:
>
>The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
>http://museums.state.nm.us/nmmnh/museum-l.html. You may obtain detailed
>message to [log in to unmask] The body of
>the message should read "help" (without the quotes).

>[log in to unmask] The body of the message should read "Signoff
>Museum-L" (without the quotes).

Bernard Barryte
Associate Director / Chief Curator
Iris & B. Gerald Cantor Center for Visual Arts at Stanford University
Stanford, CA 94305-5060

tel:  650/ 725-0466  fax: 650/ 725-0464

Museum-L" (without the quotes).