From:
"O'malley, Erin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2013 13:53:38 -0500
We are a special collections within a larger library. Both the special collections and library have their own flickr accounts. For the archive I am the sole administrator (though I have tried to get other staff involved, but with no luck). With our library account (and all its social media accounts actually) there is a group with oversees it. The group communicates via listserv and the usernames and passwords to all the social media accounts are stored in a file on a shared password protected drive. Some members are more active than others in posting things to social media. We have a social media policy in place as well (a must). As the social media group as grown this has led to more questions and confusion over who should post, what is relevant, etc. We're currently trying to redo our policies.

As for flickr specifically we haven't run into any problems with it. For the archive I post our historical photos and the library usually posts things related to events, etc. We even have a flickr group based around a photography exhibit we are developing for the fall. We use it as our submission mechanism, and it's worked very well and was easy to set up. If you want to take a look at our flickr page (or any of our social media) you can find all of it at: http://www.uta.edu/library/news/socialmedia.php
Hope this helps!

Erin O'Malley
Exhibit designer