From:
Bob Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 12:51:25 -0500
Look at the Space Center's web page http://www.zianet.com/space  as one
example of an in-house web page.  I work for the Space Center as the
Computer Systems Analyst and electronics design engineer and technician,
etc.  I first set up the web page as a "hobby" on my own time and now it is
the official web page and I maintain in when required.  It can be very time
consuming to design and setup initially and can require a considerable
amount of time to maintain depending on how frequent the documented exhibits
change and other scheduling that is included in the web pages.  I have found
that visitors to the web pages get quite vocal via email or telephone when
they discover some information that is out of date or incorrect.  If you are
going to set up a web site, you must have the time to maintain it.  Our
pages have a modest 1500 or so visitors a month and they are distributed
throughout the world indicating that many web page visitors will probably
never actually make it to New Mexico to see the real thing.

I don't know if this helps but If I can be more specific in any area, please
let me know

Bob Wood
The Space Center
Alamogordo, NM