From:
Belinda Nickles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 14:08:36 -0400
When I was the Curator/Educator at La Salle County
 Historical Society, I did an exhibit on Native American
 cultures of Northern Illinois.  While the labels gave a
lot of information on the exhibit, we had a stand of
interactives--items related to the exhibit that people
could handle.  For these interactivess we did a single
 page handout explaining how the objects was used;
what it was made of (the real item, not the reproduction
that was in the interactive); whether a man, woman, or
child used it; etc.  We called them footnotes (decorated
with footprints around the edges).  They were very popular.
I found myself running off additional copies every day.