From:
Alex Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 09:23:08 +0100
MUSEUM-L members might be interested to have a look at our Art Guide site
(www.artguide.org).  This is an experiment in developing web content by
partnership between an editorial group and the wider community.

The idea is to produce a really useful vistors' guide to all art on public
view in Britain and Ireland.  The experimental bit, and it seems to be
working, is that we encourage comments from our viewers; and information
from these comments then gets incorporated in the guide.  This kind of
thing is often done via an e-mail feedback mechanism but in our case
viewers' comments are uploaded onto the site and become immediately
accessible to everyone else.  The site has been working now since late
last year and has had tens of thousands of visits with some interesting
results.

The idea seems to work and has many possible applications for museum and
related web sites.

Please send any comments to [log in to unmask] or post them on the site
itself !

best.

Alex Morrison