From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 22:04:42 -0700
I've been seeing a pattern of posting lately that
raises a little flag for me, largely because I've been
involved in the past online with several people who
are blind and use readers for their email.

One of their pet peeves is hearing the same message
over and over and over again because the already
listened to words get posted over the response.

Their preferred method is to have your answer at the
top with that to which you are responding snipped and
included below.

I find I have difficulty finding the author's thoughts
when it's embedded so far below the words I've already
read and, except for a little presbyopia--ok, it's
getting worse but vanity won't let me admit it--my
eyes are ok.

I thought I might present this to you as an awareness.
 Think about what it might be like if you woke up
blind tomorrow and had to use the same tools.  Would
you want to hear that same message time and again?

Thanks for thinking about it!

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a Job?  Try Got Links?, Your One-Stop Portal
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414