From:
"Molly R. Laird" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 11:13:00 -0400
In our newest exhibit on Climate Change in the north, we have 3 computer
kiosks set up with live hookups to the web.  We've been tinkering with
them with mixed results and I'd love to hear about how these work (or
don't) at other museums.  One station is a pc and 2 are imacs.  On one
imac we're using Ekiosk software by Appmac.  Though what little
technical support they offer is mostly in French, it quite nearly does
what we want.  Before we buy a second copy for the other imac, I'm
wondering if there is something else we should consider.

All three stations feature web links about climate change with one of
our own web pages as the homepage.  We want visitors to be free to
follow their interest in climate change where it leads them across the
web, but not be free to use any other applications or reset the
homepage, etc.

Please email me offlist.

Many thanks,

Molly Laird