From:
Christa McCay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 2011 12:52:46 -0400
Cindy,
We ran a Groupon last October and it contained two deals, one for
discounted admission or one for discounted membership (our lowest
membership level).  We ended up with over 650 purchased.  Majority
were for the discounted admission but we still had over 100 get the
membership.  The only thing I would do differently is by having the
expired date be short.  For example our expire date is one year from
when the groupon went out so people can redeem their groupon up until
October of this year.  We are also participating in Groupon Now, which
is different and is connected to iPhone apps.  If you would like more
info about either I can connect you off list to my curator who handled
the process.

Christa McCay, M.H.P.
Registrar
Marietta Museum of History