From:
"Ross Weeks Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Apr 1998 20:31:05 -0400
A good point -- attracting the dollar as the single most important goal of
the museum.  With the dollar, the museum pays its bills.  But perhaps as a
pretense, we avoid thinking that way.  Most of our dollars should be coming
from those who believe in what we are doing -- governments, foundations,
philanthropists, members.  I'd say these sources have great trust in us to
make ends meet.  Depending on location, etc., the income from our
visitors -- attracted by sizzling exhibits -- may just be that "last dollar"
we need.