From:
Richard Schaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 1996 08:57:34 -0700
We occasionally use plastic sheeting to wrap artworks for shipping.  We
normally get it in rolls ten feet wide by 50 or more long.  The plastic
sheeting we are getting now (from our local vendors) has a great deal of the
white powder on it.  This powder must be cleaned off before the plastic is
useable for our purposes.  I understand this white powder is used in the
manufacture and packaging of the plastic to keep it from sticking to itself
but the plastic we got in years past had much less (if any) of it.  If you
know a consistent source for plastic sheeting without this powder problem,
please let me know.
Thanks in advance
Be E-ing You
Richard Schaffer