From:
Len Hambleton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 09:10:38 -0400
Hi Barry,
Your'e not isolated anymore man, we lovers of the West Indies in the
museum field hear your request. I've seen an exhibit on navy ships and
water flow around miniature hulls done on the vertical.It appears there
is a gell that is colored. The Mariner's Museum in Norfolk
Virginia 100 Museum Drive,Newport News Va 23606 Tel 757-596-2222 and 800
581-7245 Fax 804-591-7310 Director of Exhibitions is Priscilla Hauger
they were not open at this writing it is only 9am so I couldn't get
their Email address for you. Also there is a very talented person in our
North Carolina State museum system he is Jerry Heiser-Exhibits Curator
at our Maritime Museum .Their Email address is   [log in to unmask]
Jerry designed an exhibit with vertical triangular columns that rotated
360 degrees similar to those large billboard signs on our mainland
highways. This way your exhibit space is trippled. He even had openings
on one side to set in an artifact. Also what about the gell wave
machines popular back in the 60's you could buy in specialty stores?
One more for you .When I was in San Diego I went to the Reuben H.Fleet
Science Center I have no contact name for you tied to exhibits. Their
Fax # is 619-231-8971  Phone # is 619-238-1233 and 232-6866
Best of luck ,have a rum for me. I'm a sailor and completed a 12 day
charter in BVI on a 38ft Beneteauthis may.My son is on St Marteen
studying to be a doctor. We love the Indies.
Len Hambleton